Mother's Day

Actually I think it's rather personal..but I can't stop myself to share it here so I will never forget about this day...

several years ago, I had never cared about this day..
I thought it was just day when people are exaggerating about 'mother'
I even don't know when mother's day was at that time

but, nowadays I start to realize that this day is special...not for me but for every mother in the world.

I texted my mother this morning....

"Mak, selamat hari ibu ya..semoga mamak sehat dan bahagia selalu.
Terima kasih ya mak sudah jadi mamak yang baik sekali.
Semoga tuhan Yesus selalu melindungi keluarga kita terutama mamak.
Selamat hari ibu :)"

I don't understand, why my tears were falling down automatically while I am typing every word and every wish in my message....

and not more than 4 minutes my mother replied

"ya amin"

after couples of hour, my mother called me and we were talking about when I would go home...
because it was almost afternoon, I decided to go home the next day (tomorrow) and she said ok.
she was on her way to my sister school.

Before this day coming, I was having a BIG FIGHT with my sister....
yeah..really big one
and my mother knew everything about this fight...
Last time I went home (it's about two weeks ago), she said that she was very worried about what was going on between me and my sister.
At that time, we were blaming each other for what was happening between us..
and none of us wanted to end the COLD WAR...

then, one day before mother's day, I decided to make the first move to end this cold war...and fortunately, my sister gave a good respond..
Today, she asked about my plan to go home and, in the end we were chatting for quite long time (via bb)

Around 8 p.m
My mother sent another text and when I read it I couldn't hold my tears again.

"Cai njuk .mama hari ini senang sekali . kamu mengucap mama selama hari ibu sampai mama tetes air mata .ada lagi kamu sama cai fung ada kirim sms sama foto mama senang sekali ya uda ya"

I had never realized that the simple action that I have done could bring such happiness and joy for my mother...
Oh God please forgive me for being such a stubborn daughter who keep making my mother worried :(

One thing that I would share here is

never feel ashamed to say 'thank you' to the one that you love.
maybe it's looked simple and unnecessary for us, but you would never know how meaningful it's for the one who receive the word....
once again, Happy Mother's Day readers


Sofi Meloni

0 comments:

Post a Comment